Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Poetry

We are learning different styles of peotry this summer- Here are a few so far...
Haiku by Hannah

SHELLDAN
He is short and fat
He oinks, squeaks, roots, and slurps fast
He is white and black

A Haiku poem follows a 5, 7, 5 syllable rule

Next is a List Poem by Hannah
DOGS
Puppy breath
Cuddling
Wet noses
Many breeds

Personification Poem by Hannah

THE DOOR
This is what I do, I open and close
I feel sad when someone slams me closed!
I feel happier when someone closes me gently
I would like to change my color!
Don't slam me and can you please paint me!!!

Two-words-on-a-line Poem by Hannah

THE BEE STING

Crunchy field
Scorching day
Lazy walk
Flying Bees
Runs away
Going nuts
Painful sting
Ruined day!

GOING TO THE ZOO
by Joshua

Pay fee
Checking map
Looking around
Finding bats
Food court
Eat corndog
Walk away
Find birds
Feeding ducks
Screeching monkey
Leaving zoo
Had fun!

an action poem by Hannah

My Potbelly Pig Shelldan
His jiggling belly when he runs
He likes to pounce on our kittens as they wrestle in a box
He enjoys nibbling on my fingers as I lay on the floor
He likes to run, and when he's done he pants ever so hard!
After he's rested he slurps a big plate of milk!
He makes me giggle-




No comments:

Post a Comment